Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine): When life is literally a pain, this supplement may be the fix.
The B-vitamins are required for energy production and the synthesis and metabolism of various biological substances. Your
body does not make them, so you must get an adequate amount in food or from supplements.
Vitamin B-6 is a cofactor for about 70 enzymes, mostly involved with protein, carbohydrate and lipid metabolism.
B-6 deficiency (usually the result of poor eating habits, pregnancy, alcoholism, drug interactions, or defective genes) can
- inflammation of the mouth and lips
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- chronic pain
Clinical research supports the use of this vitamin for:
- improving mood and nerve conduction
- increasing muscular performance
- reducing blood levels of homocysteine
- lowering risk of cardiovascular disease
- decreasing the incidence of kidney stones
- reducing pain in carpal tunnel syndrome.
For more information on this supplement, click the “Description” tab above.